Sunday, March 22, 2009

With great power comes great responsibility


It's hard to explain the first time I put my new glasses on.
Is was if I was missing the spaces in between. In some ways it felt like I had been bequested a super power of sorts - do no evil with this "crystal vision" a silent voice in my head intoned.

My particular issue was with astigmatism. On the most part I see really well - it's freaky in a way because I have an issue distinguishing between a "b" and a "p" at a distance. It's not like everything else is out of focus.

But when I put these glasses on, the world shifts a micron of a degree and everything flows into a perfect symmetry. Things go sharper than sharp. Super sharp - if you will.

So now I have this super vision thingy....

By day, mild mannered cellular engineer; computer screen, mouse and keyboard - others not suspecting. By night, I guard you while you sleep. (OK - more truthfully, I fuck with your cellular coverage, but I digress...)

I nod at the "others" in the office - we are everywhere, we spectacular men. It's only my first day, but I understand there's a league one can sign up to if one is inclined.....

Psst - Did I mention the guys who made my frames make these?


The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision. - Helen Keller.

No comments: