Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Never in one sitting


It's so ridiculously silly, but after watching ten years and 214 episodes of Stargate SG1 in a row over the last two months, now it has drawn to a close, I feel I have lost something important in my life.

Yep - I know it's just a TV show, but isn't it strange when we invest so much time with people,things or places, we cant help but miss them when they are no longer there. Some of us are wired differently I guess.

Although I'm not about to rush out and buy an authentic looking SG1 uniform and head off to the next Sci-Fi convention, through this all I honestly believe these feelings of loss to be a good thing. Nonsensical feelings for those we don't know, this empathy for something outside our own sphere of existence could, one day, be our one saving grace. How to nurture those feelings of interconnectedness with each other could one day ensure our survival as a species.
No?



This scene, although not typical of the series as a whole, is one of my favorites.

No comments: