Monday, March 10, 2008

A good day


I'm on personal excellence training today and tomorrow. This is the view outside the classroom window. Did I mention the classroom is a floating two story pontoon on Auckland's Viaduct harbour?

I arrived early and sat on the edge of the pavilion. With my cup of English Breakfast tea for company I felt the deck rise and fall gently beneath my feet. The sun warmed my face as the salt air lightly brushed past my nose on it's meander to the city; perhaps for a quick one shot trim chai latte. It's all the rage this year.

The first time in a long time I felt rich - and it didn't have anything to do with money.

2 comments:

Jacie said...

oh how funny - have just discovered chai tea and become addicted - didn't realise I was being fashionable all of a sudden! Wow sounds like heaven where you are - especially on a wet and windy day in the UK - your description made me think I was there for half a minute and made me go and look up 'Sitting on the Dock of the bay' on youtube...! However to quote yet another song - thanks Mark for some 'sunshine on a rainy day....'

Di Mackey said...

So, for a moment I was happy for your moment, then I was homesick ... looked like a good place to be.