Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The perfect wave

Did you ever catch the perfect wave? My cuz Brad the Surfer may have well caught a few perfect waves in his day, but what I'm on about is a moment when all the cosmic tumblers seem to click into place for an instant.
I'm not talking about a drug induced wave, because that's cheating. The clarity I'm talking about must be the drug free variety, and it doesnt have to only happen once.
Perhaps when you look up from the rim of your favourite coffee mug, to see the sunrise rise from the sea over the sand dunes, and think - wow this is fucking amazing. Perhaps it's just for an instant, because all too soon the cosmic tumblers spin again leaving you, the mere mortal behind, the wave now mocking you from a distance.

For 15 seconds today, while listening to Alison Krause singing New Favourite, with my sub, just so... I could swear the walls moved forward and back with the swell as it moved on. But for a moment i was there - and it was awesome.


8 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Loved it, flogged it ... oops, I meant to say 'blogged it'.

Ta mate!

Di Mackey said...

Man ... I'm not commenting anymore, you never reply.

Mark J said...

Uh...ok how about STOP - THIEF :)

Di Mackey said...

Not good enough ... I know you're capable of more. Shall I bring manic over here??

How come your mum and Sandra never comment here?

Mark J said...

I think sandra's the kinda girl that likes to watch :)

Di Mackey said...

That would explain some things ... she was odd child.

However Mark replied, as I read this to him and he said 'Sometimes watching is better than doing' which would explain their longstanding friendship ... a meeting of minds in darkened carparks

Mark J said...

If there was ever a meeting of minds, rest assured I'd be outgunned. Your sister wasnt in the "trains" line when they were handing out brains.

Di Mackey said...

My sister was in the sneaky queue ... she probably said something like 'Give me a sneaky cutting wit while leaving me seeming like the good one'.

Hmmm actually, come to think of it, maybe you and my sister were in the same queue.