Monday, January 22, 2007

Angry of Mayfair


I've been angry this week - Really I have.
My holiday in now well and truly over and I have to face 2007.
This pisses me off because at the start of my ascent through 2007 I will have to first traverse the hazardous journey toward my birthday. My birthday "base camp" is a constant reminder of how I am frittering my life away. Frittering sums it up well, frittering is a flibberty gibberty type of word that I like to pull out of the hat every now and again, mostly when I'm in a fliberty type of mood : which is this week.

Weird thoughts assault me like South Auckland street gangs as I walk down the street. Today I got pissed off when I saw someone walking down the street "kinda funny". He was taking up the whole damn pavement in a kind of funky chicken walk ( could..I..get.. past...no...). The guy probably had a real medical condition - I'm sorry for being so insensitive, but I couldn't help but immediately think of IG and My Mate John's idea : Fix the walk - Fix the man. Basically their philosophy is that if you take the time to teach someone how to walk in a normal manner than the "rest" will fall into place - I cant help but think this is inspired in some way - but at the same time I wonder if their walk couldn't use a little work as well.

It seems that daily I have been saving someones bacon - today guys who get paid a lot more than me made a HUGE freaking mistake, which I happened to point out to them. Seriously these rocket scientists have been working on this for a month, and one word from me - and its over. So do I get any credit - ah no - they're jumping for foxholes. Little do they know the foxholes are full of very hungry Pirhana with a taste for Anus-Engineeris. Should I tell them?

Nah. They all walk kinda funny too. And I cant be fucked fixing it.

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Liked this, I did.

Flibberty gibberty being a word of mine, I'm sure ;)

IG and John's thinking is flawed ... the man could merely pretend to walk properly. I do it all the time, then again, I'm a woman and far more cunning.

Hopefully karma will step in on the saving arses thing ... they might not have thanked you but the truth will out ... surely.

Anyway, congrats on not wanting to fix it ... it's a man flaw I discovered as I wandered through life. You are evolving. xx