Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dunedin Radio Depot Circa 1990


Click on this photo - dare you :)

I'm not sure when this photo was taken, but I can tell you it was after U2's "Love Came to Town" tour. Maybe early 90's.

Who would have thought that of this group;

No one works for Telecom, 'though two work for Vodafone.
One is dead, and the rest of as are like leaves scattered to the wind.
Steve Tree's in Sydney
Simon's in Canada, Jim Bob's in Wellington.
Terry looks the same - I think he still wears that shirt!
David works at Otago Uni, and Dangermouse is still a pain in the arse.
Some retired in their 30's [ correction 24yrs - Ed ] only to fly helicopters in their spare time, while others are still counting the years.[Why didnt I buy my first house at 17?]
Some are the big kids they always were, and others have grown up (and out).
Some own their own business, and others still work for "the man".

The sad thing is that when this photo was taken we had no idea how the transition from the Post Office to Telecom would impact on us. It wasnt pretty for anyone.

Still I'm happy where I am right now, and I'd imagine most would feel the same way. Except the dead guy - obviously!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear Murray has stopped wearing shorts (at least in the winter)! Bonus!

Di Mackey said...

Wow, I know some of them ... lol, can I point you out or shall we have a competition?

Mark J said...

Identities have been changed to protect the innocent :)
Show and tell this aint ! heh

Di Mackey said...

Yes, but I was talking about you ... go on, can we play 'which one is Mark?'

Mark J said...

Go eat some pickled fish - you crazy lady :)

reference:
http://womanwandering.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_womanwandering_archive.html#115079622915522020

No to the competition - cant be "outed". Anyway it is highly possible that I actually took the photo :-) It was my camera after all.

Di Mackey said...

You naughty liar, you didn't take the pic ...

The pickled fish are a delicacy over here, truly.