Thursday, June 15, 2006

Carnies - small hands......

Brains.....Brains.....

The dead do walk the earth. This i discovered to my horror only yesterday.
They "walk", in case you were interested, in our supermarkets.
They hold on to their trolleys with a vise like grip, shuffling in a halting manner, perhaps in time to some horriffic elevator music, not - i note, the actual horriffic elevator music playing in this specific supermarket.

I have discovered that my proximity to said zombie shoppers, has a distinct, yet annoying effect.
To simplify: the closer i get to them, the slower they push their trolley.
In what some could call shopping hell - they stop suddenly as I draw near, only to rush off, and in a sudden burst of speed when I give up following them, and try another route to the deli counter. It's maddening I tell you!
And dont even get me started on how I feel when two of them stop side by side blocking the isle.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Oh that happened yesterday but mine was surely worse:

1. I was already in a bad mood, post-M&M downer.

2. Moroccan lady with two kids in her pushchair pulled up beside overweight blonde leaning on her trolly and thinking about her next hair appointment or something. I smiled, encouraging blonde woman to move because the Moroccan woman was getting something off the shelf. Nasty blonde woman rolled her eyes at Morrocan woman, implying the fault was all hers, and continued to lean on her trolley ... not moving! Nice Moroccan lady looked up, saw me and said 'Sorry' as she moved.

And then, an older woman with bad hair pushed in front of me at the checkout. Gert said why did you let her. I said, 'in my country (which usually means trouble lol) we are unaccustomed to such rudeness, I'm sorry.'

Di Mackey said...

You might like it ... http://www.pulpmovies.com/blog/

Just downloading the blasphemy debate ... http://www.hayfestival.com/archive/2006/05/blasphemy-debate.aspx

Seems like it might be you too ... untested as yet.