Friday, September 12, 2008

Shut up and Sing


Again with the fucking passion. I hate that about myself.
After a meeting today I beat myself up on the way back to my car.
Why do I care so much?
Do I have a life?

In the HBO miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon", there was a scene that took place over a whole day. In the scene scientists and engineers argue vehemently over a planned landing site for Apollo 15.
At the end of a long day the group are no closer to a decision. When the chairman realizes the only astronaut present hasn't spoken all day, he asks for his opinion.

"So what's it going to be Dave; Marius Hills or Hadley Rille"?

[In the scene, astronaut Dave Scott chose the Hadley Rille site at the foot of the Apennine mountains.]

Among the technical benefits he stated...

"The Apinines have something else: Grandeur. And I believe there's something to be said for exploring beautiful places; it's good for the spirit.

I just wish I could contain my passion; say less ,and yet still get my points across. I struggle with the time I have left to make a difference - as if it's running out somehow.

Which of course it is - obviously.

No comments: