Thursday, February 28, 2008

Out damn spot


"I see you have a necklace", she said.
"I do", I replied.
"Why do you wear it on the inside?", she asked.

I thought about it for a second, juggling an answer that a 10 year old might understand.

Time passed....

I thought about my worry around vanity, or an even deeper reason for wearing my necklace under my shirt. Weeks later I find I have no real answer, well at least one I'm ready to admit.

So today the jade necklace remains hidden from view, but I have to admit, it's beginning to bother me :)

3 comments:

Kiwis in Huldenberg said...

You are supposed to wear it next to your heart. It signifies your love for the person that gave it to you....

Now if you bought it for yourself?

Mark J said...

Thanks you - an excellent answer - and yes, if was a gift from my parents. :)

Kiwis in Huldenberg said...

So therefore you must wear it close to your heart!