Sunday, March 10, 2013

Now this makes me happy :)



This film is probably the reason I'm still single. I read somewhere recently that "western" movies perpetuate the myth that there is a "one" for each of us, and that we should wait for that one. The same article went on to say that this creates a situation where we dont go with "almost the one - but not quite" - and because of this we either;

a) dont find the one,
b) find the one but she's already married/ living with someone else, or
c) take a second best, and wonder our whole lives if we've not made a horrendous mistake.

Regardless - I hope you havent caught the same disease as me - and are in fact very happy with your life choice, whatever it may be.

Someone I know has opted for c) and is miserable. I refuse to be drawn on the matter - a single person should be the last one to be giving couples advice. But that doesnt stop me from thinking about it in my spare time.

I'm thinking that the option extremes are;
To live and die alone, or
To be with someone, raise a family - perhaps even love him in some way, but accept your love limitations.

You can be happy in either situation - but when I see the image above I see an idealised love, and for better or worse it gives me faith - that in my darkest hours the thought of a "one" may be enough to pull me through :)






No comments: