Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Red wine on a School Day


I miss the smart conversations. Surrounded by smart people, as I am, this comment may at first seem erroneous, until you dig a little deeper.

Anyone can talk about stuff - I love the twist and turns, the wit, and most importantly the humour of a great conversation. In those moments innocent comments deliberately misconstrued can bring on a wry smile and and embarrassed glance at your feet in a crowed lift. While you struggle for a rebound, you suddenly realize you have to bring your "A game" to this party.

I loved my lunch with soon to be Mrs "Apprentice Princess PM" today. The cobwebs in the nether parts of my brain blown asunder, I settled into conversations that seemed to cover too many subjects in such a small moment in time.

Long may these lunches continue - but not before some mental calisthenics beforehand.

My brain needs me some bending!

No comments: