Friday, June 07, 2019

My wellbeing breaks

“Everything comes full circle, and when it happens, I want you to imagine me there to greet you.” - Carol (2016).

 I was thinking today. About the circular nature of all things; specifically around the existence of old souls and connections.
 For me real connections are rare. I have many lovely friends, but the ones that I always look forward to seeing are the ones where both parties have an undeniable, indescribable connection to each other. 

I wonder if in some way we weren’t always connected - wandering through this life - passing and never meeting until we do - in this life or the next.
Perhaps we started as a great tribe or family, only to be splintered across time and space - forever searching for understanding and acceptance.
 Once found, these old souls rediscover each other, and in doing so, a discover small part of themselves, long missing.

 I only say this because as we grow up we seem to stop believing in the magical and mystical - instead focussing on the boring tangible and practical. When life ceases to be about mystery and magic, making these important connections reminds me that perhaps we do not know it all - and some things are still awaiting to restore our childish wonder and discovery.

No comments: